Are you searching for the right way to get your Sassa grant updated without paying anything or have you been rejected with the wrong details? In order to encourage those who are struggling with financial hardship and cannot afford a full-time job, the government has introduced various forms of grants. In particular, one grant is well-known as Social Relief of Distress (SRD). This grant helps local councilors who are suffering from financial hardships due to sickness or the death of a family member/employee.
- Change your payment method
- The post office payment method can be converted to a bank account or the other way around.
- After receiving the payment, the amount can also be transferred between banks.
- They have the right to receive their money through a cash-send option.
What is the best way to update the Sassa R350 relief grant’s banking details?
I hope you have an account with the bank to which you applied. If not, now is the time to open an account. As an approved beneficiary of the SASSA SRD R350 Grant, you can check your Sassa status online, and even update, submit, and change your banking details at any time. First, go to Sassa Payments and log into your account.
- You can update your Sassa banking details by visiting srd.sassa.gov.za
- You can change your banking information by scrolling down the page.
- Please enter the number on your ID (Identity document)
- An SMS message will be sent to the mobile phone number you provided during the application. The link is
- secure and unique to you. Sassa also lets you change your phone number here.
- Click the link in your message
- Complete the procedure as instructed
You should try to avoid this
We are just starting a new project and I’m considering granting you a grant. Before making your decision, there are some things you should know. We’ve decided that only if your bank details belong to you then we will process your payment and issue the grant to your account. In case you give another person’s details, we won’t pay the grant.
As you all know, the money transfer option is an initiative that aims at providing a faster and cheaper way of receiving your payment. But what if your job requires you to submit multiple calls daily? That’s where the solution lies. What if you don’t know your SMS number yet? Or what if someone else uses it without your knowledge? While these are instances that may never occur, it can be easy enough for anyone to fall into this trap, especially when applying for a job or bank account.
The launch of the new banking details system is a huge step forward for the beneficiary of grants from Sassa. It will allow beneficiaries to receive their payment much faster, and it will reduce the queue in front of the post office as well as make cash delivery quicker.
Currently, there are over 1.5 million beneficiaries in the Sassa system. As an applicant, your documents and details always go through a verification process to ensure you meet the requirements. There is no way to change your Sassa bank account details once you have been approved for a grant. Sassa will not release any money until it has received all of your necessary documents and payments have been made within the final payment window (usually 6 months).